This is another go-to recipe in our house. I often make this on school days when my little one isn’t hungry (nor awake) enough to down a full breakfast before having to jet out the door. This smoothie is jam-packed with fruits, veg and protein and is VERY filling. I will be posting variations to this smoothie recipe soon…but the following is the base of most of my smoothie recipes:
GREEN POWER SMOOTHIE:
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 Banana
- 2 heaping handfuls Baby Spinach
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 scoop Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean protein powder
- 1 tbsp Let’s Do Organic shredded coconut (optional, I enjoy the added texture)
- 1 egg (optional)*
- Ice to blend (optional)
*I do not add an egg when making this shake for my little girl as she is allergic to them; when making it for myself I do add the egg in order to cut the sweetness and up the protein content, which keeps me satiated for a longer period of time.
Add all ingredient to a blender or Vitamix, blend well and enjoy!